Friday, July 11, 2008

Drunk Firefighter


Recently, a Berlin man rushed to the aid of his fellow man. The man had been drinking when he heard the fire siren sound. The man without hesitation went into the fire station, suited up, and rode the bright red truck to the scene. After arriving at the scene the drunk man was identified as an impostor. He probably was back seat driving during the whole ride, or the stench of booze might have given him away. He was detained by police and freed hours later when sober. No charges were filed.
I for one want to give this drunk a gold star. Now yes, drunk grown men should not be fighting fires, driving cars, or playing dress up - but drunk or not this man was willing to risk his own life to save innocent ones. From my own personal experience booze give me balls, but not enough to jump into a fire. I'm actually really surprised he got as far as he did with out being recognized by the real fire fighters. How did he pull that off anyways? I think I'm more scared he got as far as he did and no one realized than the fact that he wanted to be a hero.

No comments: